Everyone on the Amramp team would like to take a moment to wish all of our customers and business partners all the best in the new year ahead!
And with the holiday season behind us, winter is now in full swing, bringing with it unsafe icy conditions on walkways, driveways, and staircases throughout much of North America. For many homeowners, installing a ramp for home access is the perfect solution to make access to the home as safe as possible for loved ones who use walkers, scooters, or wheelchairs.
A wheelchair ramp or other accessibility solution from Amramp can keep you or your loved ones safer than using walkways and staircases that are covered with snow and ice. Our ramps are equipped with safety railings to further guard against slips and falls, providing safe, non-slip surfaces outside your home. Ramps can be rented – just for the winter or as long as you need them!
A wheelchair ramp from Amramp can make your home safer than
using walkways and staircases that are covered with snow and
ice – and they can be rented just for the winter months.
Due to the non-skid mesh surface on our ramps, snow will not build up on the surface as it does on solid materials such as walkways and stairs, helping to keep your family and your guests safe. The mesh surface allows snow to fall through the ramp, preventing dangerous ice build-up. Additionally, our ramps don’t require digging to install footings, which enables our onsite team to install a ramp at any time of year, even when the ground is frozen solid.
Winter safety tips for using wheelchair ramps:
- Because ramps are inclined – rain, ice, and snow may cause slippery conditions.
- Use common sense and added caution before using a ramp when these conditions are present.
- Do not use salt deicer. Always use liquid deicer (we recommend Bare Ground Deicer, available in stores or from Amramp).
- Do not use metal shovels. A broom or plastic shovel without metal edges is recommended for snow & ice removal.
- Use extra caution when the ramp is wet or icy. Avoid clogs and hard soled footwear. Sneakers are recommended.
- Keep the ramp clean and unobstructed. Make sure it is free of leaves, branches, decorations, debris, etc.
To learn more about our products and services, or to schedule a free estimate, please contact Amramp’s National Customer Service Center at 888-715-7598.
When you're looking for accessibility products, you need a company with experience. Amramp is familiar with the guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act as well as local zoning laws.
Certified Aging in Place Speciliasts (CAPS) are trained by the National Association of Home Builders on remodeling and retrofitting existing homes for special needs.
Amramp can evaluate any home to determine what changes are needed to make the living space as accommodating as possible in the years ahead.
Check out Amramp’s full line of accessibility solutions or take advantage of Amramp’s FREE evaluation to review your needs and lay out a plan that is right for you by calling 888-715-7598 or emailing to email@example.com.