The Aging Life Care Association (ALCA) — formerly the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers — has organized its 2017 Annual Conference in San Antonio, Texas, from May 3 – 6.
Designed to gather more than 300 leaders from the Aging Life Care Professional™ and geriatric care manager community, the conference will feature three dynamic tracks: Clinical/Client Centered, Business Development, and Legal, Ethics & Policy.
ALCA conference highlights include:
- Keynote Speaker Nancy Berlinger from the Hastings Center — world-renowned ethicist, researcher, and author — discussing “Beyond Good Deaths and Difficult Families: Caring for People in an Aging Society,” to explore our aging society and discuss the common challenges Aging Life Care Professionals face every day with their clients and families
- General Session: How to Fill the Day with Meaning: Providing Engagement Opportunities for People Living With Dementia in a Home-based Setting
- General Session: Personalize your Patient’s Proactive Aging Plan
ALCA will also offer Continuing Education opportunities, with continuing education contact hours available in the following areas:
- Social Work – National Association of Social Work and NY State Education Department
- Nursing – California Board of Registered Nursing
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM) Care Manager Certified (CMC)
- Commission for Case Manager (CCM) Certification
For a complete listing of all conference sessions, speaking and exhibitor information, schedule and more, visit the ALCA conference website.
Intensive pre-conference sessions include Aging Life Care™ Essentials: Section One – Clinical & Ethical. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss clinical issues that arise when catering to the aging population, as well as explore clinical and ethical approaches to meeting clients’ needs.
Amramp is proud to exhibit at the ALCA conference, showcasing Amramp’s patented wheelchair ramps and home accessibility advances like stair lifts, pool lifts, and threshold ramps. With flexible terms for long-term purchase or short-term wheelchair ramp rentals, Amramp’s 44 locally owned and operated locations in the U.S. and Canada ensure your ramp is expertly installed in days, not weeks.
Geriatric care is critical care
Please contact Amramp’s National Customer Service Center 888-715-7598
When you're looking for accessibility products, you need a company with experience. Amramp is familiar with the guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act as well as local zoning laws.
Certified Aging in Place Speciliasts (CAPS) are trained by the National Association of Home Builders on remodeling and retrofitting existing homes for special needs.
Amramp can evaluate any home to determine what changes are needed to make the living space as accommodating as possible in the years ahead.
Check out Amramp’s full line of accessibility solutions or take advantage of Amramp’s FREE evaluation to review your needs and lay out a plan that is right for you by calling 888-715-7598 or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.