Organizers of Pope Francis’ first public mass in Canada chose Amramp to provide accessible platforms and steel ramps for the pontiff as he moved onto the stage at Commonwealth Stadium on July 26.
“This is one of our larger events we’ve ever covered, and it was a privilege to be able to go out there and do this. Oh, the energy. It was unbelievable. So many people working together at the stage designers and the event promoters really was impressive to be part of something so large. We usually don’t do platforms this large, but we’re able to handle this kind of project due to our large inventory of ramps” said Normand Doyle, co-owner of Amramp Edmonton.
Amramp is ready for big events like Pope Francis’ visit to for his first public mass in Canada. Amramp has a long history of providing accessibility solutions for event coordinators and religious organizations and we are proud to have been selected as the official accessibility provider for this historic event.
“We feel it’s just been a real pleasure and an honor to be part of this major event that just requires so many pieces to pull this event together. So it’s just been a really great opportunity for us.” said Barbara Peters, co-owner of the Amramp’s Alberta based franchise.
As the largest provider of modular wheelchair ramps in North America, Amramp has the experience and capability to handle any size project. We have installed thousands of ramps across the country, including several high-profile projects such as the San Francisco 49ers new stadium and the Boston Marathon finish line.
For Pope Francis’ visit, Amramp installed a number of 16 by 17 feet long platforms and a modular wheelchair ramp to ensure the Pope had a smooth and enjoyable experience as he addressed the stadium crowd. We are honored to be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime event and we look forward to welcoming Pope Francis to Canada again!
“Amramp will provide accessibility solutions to each and every individual who requires accessibility from small families to businesses to huge corporate events, such as the Popes visit. Our motto is moving forward and I believe Amramp achieved that today.”
Why Amramp is your best choice
- Locally owned and operated
- Trained and Certified Aging in Place Specialists
- Our ramps are ADA Compliant
- GSA contracted for ramps and stairlifts
- Free, no pressure consultation
- Installed within 48 hours of approval
- Rent or Buy – Rent by the day or month
- Rentable for short-term disabilities, travel or apartments
- Special Amramp Grip surface prevents slipping and sliding
- Made in the USA from recycled and 100% recyclable steel
- Fireproof for safe entry and exit unlike wood or aluminum
- Powder coat is more durable than enamel paint
- The unique open mesh surface allows moisture to pass through minimizing dangerous ice or mold build-up
- Black absorbs heat from the sun to keep the ramp ice free
- Commercial ramps available, too!
- Customers rate us an average 5 stars out of more than 600 nationwide reviews