The 70th Annual Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference (WCEC) and the 27th Annual Safety and Health Conference is being held August 23-26, where thousands of attendees will be descending upon the Orlando World Resort Marriott in Orlando, Florida, to study and explore changes in the national workers’ compensation and safety industries.
Some highlights from the conference will include:
- A talk with industry keynote speaker Deborah L. Michel, president of Helmsman Management Services, and, retired NFL player and former Olympian, Keynote Speaker Herschel Walker.
- Two live surgeries performed by the Orlando Orthopaedic Center
- The Annual National Workers’ Compensation Judiciary College and the 2015 National Workers’ Compensation Regulators College
- A performance by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts at the Monday Night Reception
There are a few panels that you also shouldn’t miss including:
- Return-to-Work: This panel will focus on giving attendees the skills and strategies to assist employees returning to the workplace after an injury
- Workplace Safety & Health: This series of classes will be going over all the different facets of maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, from pre-employment testing to accident investigation.
- Medical Issues: This Mini-Med School, which is popular with adjusters, attorneys and nurse case managers, will be teaching attendees how to identify prescription and illegal drugs that are being abused by workers which cause increased risk of workplace injuries and the legalities surrounding that.
- Disney’s SyncLink™ Technology: Since you can’t help but immediately think Disney when you think of Orlando, as a special treat, attendees will be given a peek behind the curtain of Disney’s revolutionary SyncLink™ Technology, a wireless, synchronized data management system that can give real-time compliance and food safety data.
Explore the complete program detailing the hundreds of speakers, presentations, and exhibitors on the WCI website. Attendees can also earn continuing education (CE) credits. A complete list of all courses of approved for credit will be available at the Continuing Education desk in the registration area.
Amramp is honored to be invited to exhibit at WCEC 2015. Not only will we be demonstrating our latest products and advances in accessibility, but, in honor of Joan Jett and Blackhearts, the exhibit hall is also going to be decorated in an ’80s/neon/rock ’n’ roll theme. With over 8,000 attendees and 450 exhibitors, it promises to be a great time. We hope to see you in Orlando!
Wheelchair ramps installed in days not weeks
Please contact Amramp’s National Customer Service Center 888-715-7598