With a growing emphasis on the importance of professional certifications in the eyes of employers, patients, and workers alike, the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) will host its New World Symposium 2018 on January 18 – 20, 2018.
CCMC’s New World Symposium will also offer case managers the opportunity to earn credits toward licenses and certifications while learning alongside industry-leading professionals. Called “Future Dimensions of Case Management,” the conference will focus on developing a well-prepared case management workforce. The event will be held at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center.
The Commission for Case Manager Certification has accredited more than 60,000 case workers since 1992.
Of dozens of sessions, workshops, and opportunities offered by renowned speakers, featured plenary sessions include:
- Be “Rememer-able,” with Author, Songwriter and SiriusXM Radio humorist Patrick Henry, CSP. In this session, the audience learns actionable ideas for lowering stress and rediscovering the passion of their profession, with the goal of becoming a case manager of distinction.
- Empowering the Story: Purposeful, Personalized Information as a Catalyst for Change, with Thomas Goetz, MPH. This session focuses on the difference between data and information that patients find meaningful or actionable. The speaker explores the power of purposeful and personalized information as a catalyst for change.
- Framework for Change: A New Vision for Connected, Secure, Accessible Care, with Karen DeSalvo, MD, MPH, MSc. This session bridges the gap between the current and future landscape of patient care by leveraging value-based payment and digital health tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness of care.
General sessions will address professional challenges and include such topics as:
- An Underrecognized Key to Improving Transitional Care: Feedback Loops
- Double Shot for Health: Motivating Patient Behavior Change
- Hurdle Training: Overcoming Barriers and Problem Solving
- Bridging the Gap: Clinical Care Meets Population Health
CCMC’s New World Symposium 2018 is set to inspire and empower case management workers. Attendees will have the chance to develop their skills while earning CEs towards their CCM certification – or licenses and certifications in the areas of nursing, social work, and related fields.
Amramp will be on-site in the Exhibitor Hall, showcasing breakthrough products for patients to transition home safely with accessibility solutions like modular wheelchair ramps, stair lifts, pool lifts, and more advancing the patient experience and supporting the work of case managers across the county. Enjoy this cutting-edge conference, and stop by our exhibitor booth, and see how we can help you and your patients.
Making a case for advances in case management
Please contact Amramp’s National Customer Service Center 888-715-7598